Monday, April 21, 2008

iHCPL Maps #33: Relocating with Online Maps 2



ACTIVITY 2:

Select a potential new home or apartment.

OK, I gave up running away to Vermont and decided to move down the block on West 24th Street in Houston. Using Urban Living I picked out the above single family home on the corner. It has 3 bedrooms and a surplus of cats.

From this address I am within:

  • ¼ mile of the Fiesta Market #2
  • ¼ mile of the Texas Cafeteria
  • 1/3 mile of Buffalo Fred’s Ice House
  • 3/5 of a mile from Hamilton Middle School
  • 1 mile from the Heights Branch of the Houston Public Library
  • and just a few blocks from the #050 Metro bus route (for a cool map of your route go to http://tripplanner.ridemetro.org/)

All this is according to the site Walk Score.

I was a bit disappointed that DiscoverOurTown.com didn’t list the Telephone Museum that’s only 3/5 of a mile from my new dream domicile. Oh, well Google Maps found it right away.

No comments: