Monday, April 21, 2008

iHCPL Maps #33: Relocating with Online Maps 1


ACTIVITY 1:

APARTMENTS: I imagined that I wanted to take the family and escape to the vicinity of Newport, Vermont (N44°56.16876, W072°12.49236). So I looked for a 3 bedroom apartment which allows cats. I tried Apartments.com, but what I got was five classified ads from the Burlington Free Press, the first one of which said, “no pets.” On the other hand, Apartment Finder and Apartment Guide returned zero, zip, nada results. I got better results from the online classifieds in the Newport Daily Express and the Orleans Caledonian-Record.

But, back to Burlington and the three bedroom – there were no maps associated with the listing, so I went to Google Maps and entered the street. The street map told me how to drive there, the terrain map was just boring, but the satellite map showed me the scenic sand pit at the top of the hill close by.

No comments: