Tuesday, October 23, 2007

iHCPL Week 7: #16 So what's in a wiki?

I accessed the iHCPL wiki and created a login account. I added my blog to the favorite blogs page on the iHCPL wiki, although I can’t honestly say it’s my favorite – it’s more a work in progress. Then I saw the opportunity to list my favorite books. So many books so little time even so many favorites I got sidetracked by listing my favorite titles. I made myself stop after the first twenty or so that came to mind.


The SJCPL Subject Guides were wonderful. Book Lovers Wiki from the Princeton Public Library was very nicely designed, but it seemed like a very small selection. What a treasure trove Library Success: a best practices wiki is!!! I’m so excited I’m doing rapid shallow breathing. Even the ALA 2007 Annual Conference wiki was great. I can catch up on all the presentations that I missed because I was attending another one in another part of town.


I’ve experienced a conversion: wikis are more fun than blogs!

No comments: