Sunday, March 29, 2009

iHCPL Pot Luck #57 TXT U L8R - Texting

During the recovery from Hurricane Ike I sent a number of text messages. I watched the embedded video anyway, and it was a good quick introduction. I’ve used text messages only during the emergency because it’s not included in my cell phone plan, so they are an added expense over and above voice messages. When I’ve sent them I have not used text lingo, but knowing about the Lingo 2 Word site could be very useful in deciphering any text message I might receive in the future and in reading Lauren Myracle books. The New York Times article reminded me of a press release which I sent out about three decades ago to promote the Ohio County Public Library’s new (at that time) collection of books on tape. It was in the form of a safety message to drivers warning them Don’t Read While Driving, instead use the new audiobooks from the library as a safe alternative.

No comments: