Thursday, September 11, 2008

iHCPL Games and Gaming #36: The Wide World of Online Role Playing Games

Exercises:

1) Spend 15 minutes (not including the time it takes to set up an account) exploring Runescape by going through the tutorial. Did you find it easy to learn how to get around?

I worked through about 45 minutes of the Runescape tutorial, but as a non-gamer, I found it disorienting to move about and as a result, my character is rather clumsy. It was also weird walking through other characters to talk to someone.

2) Write a blog post describing the Runescape character you created. Alternatively, if you are already a gamer and play an MMORPG, describe the character you play with and relate a fun experience you had playing the game.

How do I describe my character? He’s a cataloger from this world trying to learn how to fish, chop, walk, and toss spells in the Runescape world. It’s a tedious process, and frankly, he’d rather be reading.

No comments: