Friday, September 28, 2007

Photo Editing Tools iHCPL Week 3: #7









I came; I saw; I cropped.

I found iStar’s recommended tools easier as I went from Pixer to Snipshot to Picnik. The last one was easiest for me to use.

Pixer was so slooow to upload. Its display was so large that when I went to crop it my cursor got lost on the screen and then wandered too close to the edge and then tumbled off the screen and the crop box went berserk. It took me several tries to trim the images to the size I wanted. I never felt that I had complete control of the dimensions.

Snipshot was much easier because I could see the entire image on one screen and I did not have to wait for the image to load. Picnik was the easiest of the three for me. I cropped and turned color images into black and white and added lettering and made myself the above lolcat, which although not quite up to the standards of http://icanhascheezburger.com/, was easy to do, because more like the editing that I’d learned at my Harris County ITC Microsoft Training fundamental classes on Publisher and PowerPoint.

No comments: